Buy a New MBP Before Lion Releases?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by michellanious, Jul 5, 2011.

1. michellanious macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I'm going to be buying a new MBP 13" very soon. I've read in a few places that I should buy it while Snow Lion is still offered on it just in case there are compatibility issues with Lion. What do you think? Is this true and should I purchase now or should I just wait? This will be my first MacBook and I am very excited and anxious about it!

2. nunes013 macrumors 65816

nunes013

imo i would just buy it. its going to be free when it comes out for you. the day it comes out you will know about any issues because so many people are upgrading so you can hold off the upgrade if their is a problem.

3. Simplicated macrumors 65816

Simplicated

Definitely get the one with Snow Leopard. That way you can still decide when to upgrade to Lion, and given the upgrade is free for all Mac purchases after 6 June, you have little reason not to buy one right now.

4. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

If it were me, I would buy now. Lion is a major step backward, and I for sure will not be running it as my main OS.

5. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Agreed. If the Lion upgrade is free, I see no reason to wait. Plus that way you can wait for all the kinks to be worked out with Lion.

6. michellanious thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks! I am going to order tomorrow!!

7. tombubi macrumors regular

Maybe it will be smart to buy it now as snow is a stable OS, and there could be
    some bugs with lion. You can always update to lion later when you are ready for it.

8. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

You made the right decision IMO, since the upgrade to Lion is free, you don't have to be pushed onto a possibly unstable/brand new OS before the kinks are all worked out.