Buy a new MBP or wait till next tuesday?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ezekielrage_99, Mar 2, 2011.

  1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040


    Oct 12, 2005
    Well I'm kind of in the market for new work computer, my current early 2008 15" MBP is still going strong though after dropping it while getting off the train (actually knocked out of my hands) I've needed to replace the mainboard (covered by the trainstation) and replace the HDD (with a Seagate Momentus XT)

    I can still do all that I need to but:
    - The DVD drive is kinda stuffed and locked...
    - The display is also kind of shot after the laptop was knocked out of my hands
    - The graphics card is pretty old and doesn't seem to run that well...

    What is stopping me though is I need to have the laptop for 3 years before I can claim a new one for tax, so if I buy a new decked out i7 I wont get anything back on tax... Also the MBP does have a new HDD and Mainboard while the RAM has been maxed out to 4GB.

    Though it's something that I use for work which is the issue.

    Do I wait till the end of the year and buy a new one (which wouldn't be before October) or get one now and loose tax benefits or should I buy a USB DVD/Bluray?

    Also would I be able to rip Bluray movies if I bought an external Bluray drive?
  2. Adidas Addict macrumors 65816

    Adidas Addict

    Sep 9, 2008

    No comment about waiting until end of tax year but ripping blu rays will work fine. Use MakeMKV software.
  3. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040


    Oct 12, 2005

    I might just buy an external Bluray player then wait till the next Macbook Pro release.

Share This Page