Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Cnn is reporting http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/10/25/vista.coupon.ap/index.html that buyers of certain systems from HP,Dell & Gateway during the holiday season will get coupons for free Vista from Microsoft . The Vista coupon will match the type of Windows you buy so if say getting a media center edition XP you will later get the media center edition of Vista. You may have pay for shipping and handling depending on the vendor. This is cool because I have been wanting a small form factor machine that has better then integrated graphics for my nice 19" NEC monitor but have been holding off just because Vista was coming. Anyways thought this was interesting news.

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Dont Hurt Me said:
Cnn is reporting http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/ptech/10/25/vista.coupon.ap/index.html that buyers of certain systems from HP,Dell & Gateway during the holiday season will get coupons for free Vista from Microsoft . The Vista coupon will match the type of Windows you buy so if say getting a media center edition XP you will later get the media center edition of Vista. You may have pay for shipping and handling depending on the vendor. This is cool because I have been wanting a small form factor machine that has better then integrated graphics for my nice 19" NEC monitor but have been holding off just because Vista was coming. Anyways thought this was interesting news.
having fun double posting? you know you can correct the title of your original post, right?

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Its been one of those days, really has. This has been the only bright spot for me. Im hoping some brave moderator will kill that other thread and not this one. Interesting news to say the least. I guess a lot of buyers are holding off for Vista.

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Dont Hurt Me said:
I guess I lot of buyers are holding off for Vista.
Who wouldnt?! By the time its actually released, the coupons wll have expired! :p :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
You may have a valid point after all it was suppose to come out in 2005,2006,now maybe 2007. Maybe its just vaporware.:D Its sad as heck the best OS doesnt come in more flavors of hardware options. OH well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.