Buy a Powerbook Now...or wait?

bobkinder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
8
0
:confused:I've been itching to buy my very first portable Apple Powerbook for quite some time (I bought my wife a new G5 IMac in the spring). I've been reading quite a lot about potential heat problems with the Powerbooks and wonder if it's an issue that would cause me to wait for the next upgrade is released? I'm stationed over in Iraq and it's a hassle to ship things back and forth to the U.S. for repairs. I've also been reading about the future use of Intel processors in the Apple products and understand the consternation on WHEN these will be incorporated into Powerbooks.
 

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
1,467
1
Bay Area
BUY... You won't regret it.

If you do buy it and they update them soon (say 3-4 months) you won't be in as much pain as you'd think, since you'd have your mac right there to ease the pain...
 

ajampam

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2005
122
0
I absolutely agree!!! I waited for more than a year to get a G5 PB, but I recently bought this cool 12" PB....and man, aint I HAPPY!!!
 

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
32,191
5
Adelaide, Australia
Any PowerBook worth waiting for will have an Intel chip in it, which would represent far more teething problems than the tried and proven G4s. If you're worried about reliability, I'd say the current crop is your best bet. :)
 

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
5,215
2
I love my 12" Rev. C. Just love it.

No problems whatsoever!

If you want it, buy it. But this design is so great... going to be hard to beat until the Rev. B or C of the Intel ones. You won't regret it.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.