Buy a refurb MacBook Pro or wait till Macbook refresh?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ezekielrage_99, Sep 3, 2008.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Well it's come that time to buy a new computer, and was after some good POV...

I was wondering if it's worth buying a refurb MacBook Pro now or wait till the MacBook refresh?

:confused:

2. dingus macrumors member

I said chatter, not cheddar.

Is there cheddar?

3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

go with the MBP. i would say. it will still have better specs than the new macbooks, and it will have a bigger screen, classic design, and all the kinks are worked out.

my 2 cents.

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

The only thing that is putting me off buying a MacBook Pro is that I've heard a lot of people having issues with the nVidia 8600M GT...

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

Hmmm...
    At any cost waiting is a good idea unless you have no other computer and its an absolute necessity since once the new MB/P come out.... they might be cheaper and obviously the old refurbs will be much cheaper than they are now!

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

My thoughts exactly. I'd say go for the MBP; better spec, better performance, more powerful machine, looks great, and it has a terrific screen. Good luck.
    Cheers

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

That is a legitimate concern. I have 3 friends with Pro's who have serious issues with the nVidia 8600. I wouldn't buy it even if it is under warranty.

I would buy the current MB, new MB coming up, or maybe the new Pro coming out if it is a different graphic card in it(which I'm sure it will).

If you are a student, the Back to School deal is a really good deal. Plus the current Macbook doesn't have any serious flaws.

Good luck with your choice.