Buy a refurb MacBook Pro or wait till Macbook refresh?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ezekielrage_99, Sep 3, 2008.

  1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

    ezekielrage_99

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2005
    #1
    Well it's come that time to buy a new computer, and was after some good POV...

    I was wondering if it's worth buying a refurb MacBook Pro now or wait till the MacBook refresh?

    :confused:
     
  2. dingus macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2008
    #2
    I said chatter, not cheddar.

    Is there cheddar?
     
  3. tMac85 macrumors 65816

    tMac85

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2007
    Location:
    in a great place
    #3
    go with the MBP. i would say. it will still have better specs than the new macbooks, and it will have a bigger screen, classic design, and all the kinks are worked out.

    my 2 cents.
     
  4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

    ezekielrage_99

    Joined:
    Oct 12, 2005
    #4
    The only thing that is putting me off buying a MacBook Pro is that I've heard a lot of people having issues with the nVidia 8600M GT...
     
  5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

    Apple Ink

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2008
    #5
    Hmmm...
    At any cost waiting is a good idea unless you have no other computer and its an absolute necessity since once the new MB/P come out.... they might be cheaper and obviously the old refurbs will be much cheaper than they are now!
     
  6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #6
    My thoughts exactly. I'd say go for the MBP; better spec, better performance, more powerful machine, looks great, and it has a terrific screen. Good luck.
    Cheers
     
  7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

    hogfaninga

    Joined:
    Aug 16, 2008
    Location:
    Chestnut Tree Cafe
    #7
    That is a legitimate concern. I have 3 friends with Pro's who have serious issues with the nVidia 8600. I wouldn't buy it even if it is under warranty.

    I would buy the current MB, new MB coming up, or maybe the new Pro coming out if it is a different graphic card in it(which I'm sure it will).

    If you are a student, the Back to School deal is a really good deal. Plus the current Macbook doesn't have any serious flaws.

    Good luck with your choice.
     

Share This Page