iPad Buy a refurbished iPad in store US???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by laudern, Oct 30, 2014.

1. laudern macrumors 6502a

I'll be visiting the US, California, soon and due to the slightly cheaper prices of iPads in the states Im looking to pick up a refurbished iPad while I am there.

My question is, is it possible to walk in to an apple store and buy refurbished iPads over the counter???? iPad 4th gen is what I'm looking at....

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Usually not, as they dont always have refurbished models for over the counter sales. They usually save their refurb stock for potential replacements. But this would really depend on the store itself.

What can be done though is order a refurb online and do a ship to store/in store pickup ahead of time. That way you can walk in and a refurb will be reserved for you (it may take some time if they dont have the refurb model in stock, so order a bit ahead of time)

3. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

I didn't know it was possible at all to buy returbs in the store. Though I'm not sure buying an iPad thats 3 generations old is a good idea.

My theory here is that if you're price conscious it probably means you can't afford to upgrade often. So if this iPad needs to last 2 or 3 years you might as well pitch in the $100-150 extra and get the latest.

I have a feeling that next time iOS is updated people will say it's sluggish on the 4, kind of like now people are saying it's bad on the 3. It would suck to spend the money (and the opportunity of getting it at US price) on something that 10 or 11 months from now will have a hard time running the latest software.