Buy ACD 23", Freezing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CGremby, Feb 28, 2009.

1. CGremby macrumors member

CGremby

Hi.

So I've had some thoughts of buying an Apple Cinema Display 23". A used one...
    But have seen and read that some models have the issue that the picture some times burn/freeze on the screen. Is that true? Cuz if I buy a used one I cant return it if it would happened.

What do you think?

(Sorry for possible grammar mistakes.)

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

To the best of my knowledge the issue was heavily discussed and it was more of a ghosting and not actual screen burn. Screen burn or image burn would be permanent whereas ghosting will go away.

However, how can you know if your ACD has either? You'd have to ask the seller and hope for an honest answer. The answer may be that there was neither and you find, for example, screen burn and he/she returns to say that they had never noticed it. I mean you're basically stuck either way.

If you're worried I would see if I couldn't offer slightly more money to get a pseudo warranty on the display.

3. CGremby thread starter macrumors member

CGremby

Thx for reply.

Hm. Yeah, probably I'll watch the screen on before I buy it so I can see that there ain't any damage or what so ever.
    I ment more, If it would burn when I use it at home. But, it's a very slim change that it will happened?
    I live in Sweden, and there aint any stores that sell 23". Perhaps Apple Store in Sweden, but not any regular stores.