Buy an iMac or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Hedgie, Feb 5, 2009.

  1. Hedgie macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2009
    #1
    Hello,

    I am a newbie in the apple world...as I have decided to buy an iMac instead of a pc.
    Now I have read that there might be a new iMac version. is this correct?

    What will be new? only the NVidea chipset? or will the new iMac have a LED backlight?

    Should I wait?

    Thanks,
    Hedgie
     
  2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

    Tomorrow

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2008
    Location:
    Always a day away
    #2
    It's all speculation at this point, and there are no guarantees as to what might be upgraded.

    You'll hear it from more than just me - if you need it now, buy it now. If you don't need it now, feel free to wait.

    When I decided to wait for mine last year, what I thought would be a 2-3 week wait became a 5-month wait. But like I said, I didn't need the new iMac right away.
     
  3. ayeplussjr macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2008
    #3
    I agree...forget what everybody else says. If you need it, buy it. If you don't, then wait. That's the easiest thing to do. I've been waiting since October, and finally caved in right after MacWorld. I haven't regretted it since. Honestly...if a new iMac came out in the next few weeks or month (who knows) I might give out a little (ahhh sh-t), but that's about it. I wouldn't be upset if a revised iMac came out and I just purchased mine, but that's just me.
     

Share This Page