buy an ipad now or wait for 2nd gen?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Theraker007, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Theraker007 macrumors regular

Hi all, I work in a hospital and recently an application came out that allows me to access relevant patient information right on my iphone (and also an ipad) instead of having to hunt a computer down that may or may not be occupied.

I was thinking about buying an ipad since the iphone screen is so small and the ipad seems to load screens on this program much faster.

ANyways, I was wondering how soon you guys predict the next ipad will come out. I can definitely wait a little while as this is more of a convenience rather than necessity i just dont want to buy an ipad and in a few months have it be old technology. I know apple likes to roll out a new product every year but for the life of me I cant remember when the ipad originally came out.

I also hearda rumor of a reduced size ipad.. is that true? that might do me one better as well because it would fit in my white coat pocket.

thanks

2. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

April 2011

However, there have been rumours of a 7 inch by Christmas.

But, will you use the features of the next gen iPad:
    Front facing camera,
    More RAM,
    Faster chip,
    Maybe back facing camera,
    Gyroscope.

If: no then wait.

3. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

You know, there are a million other threads just like yours patiently waiting for the search feature to bring them all to your perusal.

4. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Yes! Have a look here or here. :)

5. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

If you want one, buy one. If you are content on waiting...then wait. It's not that big of a deal. I'm in love with mine. (3G 32GB)

6. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Either this is a troll...
    Or
    You are really lazy person who doesn't want to scroll down and read other thousands of iPad 2 posts?

You don't even deserve one.