Buy an iPhone 5s at NYC or Columbus Ohio?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hempo, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Hempo macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I am from Mexico and next week I will go to Columbus Ohio and my friend will go to NYC, we only will stay for 3 days, we do not have much time (business travel). I want to buy an iPhone 5S Gold.

So where do you think will be easier to buy it?

Do I still get in line to buy it, or just enter to the store and pay it? Or I give the money to my friend to buy it at NYC?

I am a little worry about it because both we do not have much time to get lines!!!

Thank you in advance.

2. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

3. Hempo thread starter macrumors newbie

Is this site are reliable? Because I set many zip codes and theres no available in all stores!!

My coworker went last week to NY and bought one iPhone 5s gold!!!

4. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

I got the link off of CNet however it doesn't hurt calling individual stores...Call the Manhattan store to see if they have availability..

5. Hempo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I'll do that! thank you.

6. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

It depends on the color you are looking for. Space Grey is the easiest to find. I checked the stock checker and the NYC stores are showing lots of stock.

14th street — 64GB space grey
    Grand Central — 32GB and 64GB space grey
    Soho — 64GB space grey

If you are looking for gold or silver you will have to get to an Apple Store very early and wait in line.

I arrive at the Apple Store 14th street at 5am and waited in line for 4 hours. I got an unlocked 64GB 5s in Gold.

----------

The site is very accurate. Apple updates stock around these times eastern:

2:30am
    2-2:30pm
    6-6:30pm

Usually seeing the biggest stock updates Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Gold ones are still in high demand. It's unlikely you'll be able to buy one as a walk-in unless you happen to know the store manager well.

8. Hempo thread starter macrumors newbie

Ohhh boy! Wel I will try it to get one 5s in Gold, I will arrive to Columbus Wednesday at 4.00 pm, if I do not have success I will call to my friend to ask in one NYC store!!!

I will be in touch with you guys and tell you how it was and if I could buy one.

9. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

If you want gold either you or your friend get to the store several hours before they open and wait in line.