Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hempo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
Hi everyone, I am from Mexico and next week I will go to Columbus Ohio and my friend will go to NYC, we only will stay for 3 days, we do not have much time (business travel). I want to buy an iPhone 5S Gold.

So where do you think will be easier to buy it?

Do I still get in line to buy it, or just enter to the store and pay it? Or I give the money to my friend to buy it at NYC?

I am a little worry about it because both we do not have much time to get lines!!!

Thank you in advance.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
I got the link off of CNet however it doesn't hurt calling individual stores...Call the Manhattan store to see if they have availability..

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Hi everyone, I am from Mexico and next week I will go to Columbus Ohio and my friend will go to NYC, we only will stay for 3 days, we do not have much time (business travel). I want to buy an iPhone 5S Gold.

So where do you think will be easier to buy it?

Do I still get in line to buy it, or just enter to the store and pay it? Or I give the money to my friend to buy it at NYC?

I am a little worry about it because both we do not have much time to get lines!!!

Thank you in advance.
It depends on the color you are looking for. Space Grey is the easiest to find. I checked the stock checker and the NYC stores are showing lots of stock.

14th street — 64GB space grey
Grand Central — 32GB and 64GB space grey
Soho — 64GB space grey

If you are looking for gold or silver you will have to get to an Apple Store very early and wait in line.

I arrive at the Apple Store 14th street at 5am and waited in line for 4 hours. I got an unlocked 64GB 5s in Gold.

----------

Is this site are reliable? Because I set many zip codes and theres no available in all stores!!

My coworker went last week to NY and bought one iPhone 5s gold!!!
The site is very accurate. Apple updates stock around these times eastern:

2:30am
2-2:30pm
6-6:30pm

Usually seeing the biggest stock updates Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Gold ones are still in high demand. It's unlikely you'll be able to buy one as a walk-in unless you happen to know the store manager well.

Hempo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2013
Ohhh boy! Wel I will try it to get one 5s in Gold, I will arrive to Columbus Wednesday at 4.00 pm, if I do not have success I will call to my friend to ask in one NYC store!!!

I will be in touch with you guys and tell you how it was and if I could buy one.

Coleman2010

macrumors 68000
Oct 9, 2010
NYC
Ohhh boy! Wel I will try it to get one 5s in Gold, I will arrive to Columbus Wednesday at 4.00 pm, if I do not have success I will call to my friend to ask in one NYC store!!!

I will be in touch with you guys and tell you how it was and if I could buy one.
If you want gold either you or your friend get to the store several hours before they open and wait in line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.