Buy an iPhone 5s at Verizon or Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dunes, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Dunes macrumors newbie

I'm ready for an upgrade and was wondering where would be the best place to purchase an iPhone 5s online? It looks like iPhone 5s supplies are limited, so would Apple be the best place to order from?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

What is the source of your information that iPhone 5S supplies being limited?

I'd buy from Apple if I were upgrading my contract as well because Verizon charges me tax on the full device price because I have a CA area code. I've fought them for ages on this but they seem to think they're correct. In NC (where I live) you pay tax on the subsidized pricing and not on the full device.

Anyway, I prefer to deal with Apple, personally. Also, if there is a stock issue, Apple will have iPhones first normally.

3. Dunes thread starter macrumors newbie

MacRumors Blog reported the inventory of iPhone 5s are said to be "Severely Constrained" at launch. This could be a marketing ploy by Apple but more than likely they don't have the inventory to support the initial demand for the iPhone 5s. The same thing happened with the iMac earlier this year.

4. EJenk25 macrumors newbie

Do they offer any trade in program at the Verizon store?

5. everlong44 macrumors newbie

I think I'm headed to my local Verizon store. When the 4s came out, I walked in there after work at 5pm and grabbed a white 32gb 4s with no problems. They were only sold out of the black 16gb. I'm assuming they had more 4s's in stock, but who knows.