Buy an iPod now or later?

glay

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
60
0
Hey all! I'm looking at buying a new iPod (the 20Gb Color) but I'm am wondering whether new ones will be released soon (Apple Expo Paris)? Should I hold out until then and purchase one afterwards? Or make the purchase now? Any help would be appreciated!

PS: Sorry if this is the 1000th post on whether to buy or wait, any links to previous threads that are similar would be great! :)
 

MacVM

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2005
92
0
I think that getting one now would be a pretty excellent idea, if you're a student. You can get $179 off! If not, then it doesn't hurt you to wait...I believe rumors have been circulating about possible ipod updates, but this confuses me because I thought that the 20 gb and 60 gb ipods just got updated. Whatever. :rolleyes:
 
Comment

glay

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
60
0
MacVM said:
I think that getting one now would be a pretty excellent idea, if you're a student. You can get $179 off! If not, then it doesn't hurt you to wait...I believe rumors have been circulating about possible ipod updates, but this confuses me because I thought that the 20 gb and 60 gb ipods just got updated. Whatever. :rolleyes:
Hey, how do I get $179 off? I'm in Melbourne, Australia so does that apply?
 
Comment

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
21,920
170
If you need it now -- get it now.

If you can afford to wait, then maybe something will turn up before Christmas and perhaps the price points of the model you are interested in will be adjusted.
 
Comment

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
1,616
0
Brisbane, Australia
glay said:
Hey, how do I get $179 off? I'm in Melbourne, Australia so does that apply?
The deal does not apply to Australia, i know it sucks im in the market for a new one. I going to hold off until a new model though.
 
Comment

glay

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2004
60
0
DeSnousa said:
The deal does not apply to Australia, i know it sucks im in the market for a new one. I going to hold off until a new model though.
Hey, do you think it would be cheaper to perhaps get someone to order it from the U.S and then ship it Australia?
 
Comment

Chundles

macrumors G4
Jul 4, 2005
11,974
390
MacVM said:
I think that getting one now would be a pretty excellent idea, if you're a student. You can get $179 off! If not, then it doesn't hurt you to wait...I believe rumors have been circulating about possible ipod updates, but this confuses me because I thought that the 20 gb and 60 gb ipods just got updated. Whatever. :rolleyes:

This deal applies only in the US and Europe and only if you purchase a new Mac as well so unfortunately it's not good for us here in Oz.

The best you can do is $403 for the 20GB or $537 for the 60GB on the ducation store if you are a student, honestly, I'd wait and see. If you can ask the "should I wait" question then you should wait, either nothing will happen or something better will be out.
 
Comment

chokedamp

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2005
9
0
Madrid - Spain
Withouth any doubt, if you really want to have an iPod just get one as early as possible. You are not gonna think about any update later 'cause you'll be enjoying it too much!

I still my 3G iPod and I'm still happy as if it was quite new!
 
Comment

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
914
0
Rampaging Tokyo
Get it now. Life is sooooo much better with an iPOD.

If they do update them, it wont take away from the core functionality of what it does today.....playing music to your ears :)
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.