Buy another Apple TV or wait?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by jcschlic, Jan 13, 2009.

  1. jcschlic macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2009
    #1
    Hello All,

    I have been a very happy Apple TV (160gb) user ever since it was released. It was first set up in my condo as the center of my entertainment system.

    My wife and I just moved into a new house and I have set the Apple TV up in our living room and it plays host to a large collection of my DVD collection from Handbrake rips, etc.

    We are starting the process of finishing our basement and that process may be finished within the next 3 or 4 months. I plan on using several video sources in the basement as part of the home theater, and some sort of device that can access networked material is in my plan.

    My question is this: should I buy another Apple TV (probably the 40gb) and plan to use it in the basement or should I wait it out for a possibly new Apple TV release this year?
     
  2. nickhj macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 6, 2008
    #2
    I'm having the same thoughts at present. Would like another ATV for the bedroom and would also go for the 40mb. I was hoping Macworld would have given us some guidance but alas not.
     
  3. GottaLoveApple4 macrumors member

    Joined:
    May 11, 2008
    #3
    Go for it!!

    I currently have 3 Apple TVs (family room, living room, bedroom), and one airport express for the speakers on the deck. The setup is flawless and being able to access all my media anywhere in the house is awesome. Not to mention I can rent movies anywhere too. And with the airtunes added bonus I can play music to all of them at the same time during a party all controlled by my iPhone. Incredible setup. I strongly recommend getting another one.
     
  4. nippyjun macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #4
    Is there a way to do this without buying multiple apple tv's.
     
  5. tom1971 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    May 15, 2007
    #5
    I don't think there will be any revision soon, so go for it. You will love it.
     
  6. dmm219 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 25, 2008
    #6
    at this point, i'll probably be buying a second for the upstairs tv. I dont think anythings coming down the pike update wise, any time soon.
     
  7. Jaunty macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2004
    Location:
    London, England
    #7
    a way to do what?
     
  8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2007
    #8
    A way to get the media to multiple tv's without having more than one apple tv.
     
  9. Tramjaw macrumors member

    Tramjaw

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2007
    Location:
    Chicago
    #9
    if you were planning on getting it today, why not just wait?
    it sounds like you have some time before you'd need it.
    either way you probably can't go wrong.
    plus you could save some money and get one refurb.
     

Share This Page