Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
So I recently purchased the 12.9 Pro, and I wanted to use it purely with a keyboard. I didn’t think the Pencil was necessarily worth it for me.

However, after going through these forums, I’m having second thoughts and want to purchase the Pencil (damn you MR for making me spend my money!).

Is it worthwhile to purchase the Pencil now? Are there any rumors of a near refresh for the Pencil? I can wait a bit longer to buy a refreshed Pencil if it might be better that way.

Thanks.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I just bought one and I love to use it as a mouse, It’s easier than moving my hand all over the place

Reactions: TinyChip

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2011
I just ended up buying it. I’m finding more uses for it and I love using it as my cursor

Reactions: TinyChip

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I was also wondering the same thing, just placed an order for the iPad Pro 10.5” not sure if there’s any rumors of a revision for the Apple Pencil. I know Apple don’t usually update their accessories as often. I don’t need it for work, I just like to sketch and doodle so I’m in no rush.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.