Buy Apple: Their support is amazing!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LNoah, Jan 22, 2009.

1. LNoah macrumors newbie

I have always bought apple products in the past, iPods... well that was pretty much it. I decided to step up and buy a macbook pro. It has been a wonderful computer except that it needed a couple repairs for a small overheating issue.

I want to talk about how WONDERFUL apple's applecare program is. They took my laptop in at one of their stores, ran diagnostics, shipped it in for repair, and had it back to me within just less than a week. The heat issue was solved.

Another time a friend was having some serious trouble with his laptop so he sent it to apple. They offered to repair it for no charge, but he just decided he didn't want to deal with a repair. They sent him a brand new macbook!

Another one of my friends bought a new unibody macbook. They were being extremely careful with it, and needed to send it in because there was one dead pixel on the screen. Barely visible except from extreme angles. Unfortunately, one day before they were going to send it in, one thing lead to another and they accidentally dropped it on the hard cement. The case was scratched up pretty badly and dented where it hit the concrete. Since it was an accidental damage, apple said they would have to charge for the repair.

The representative offered some options: My friend tried to call the credit card company to see what they could do. Absolutely nothing! He called back the apple support line to tell them it didn't work out, and the technician offers to repair the damage (even though it was accidental, and technically not apple's fault) for no charge! A 700 dollar repair that they really weren't obligated to do, they have done!

I put this here in hopes of getting more people to boost apple's already growing influence. They make great computers, and their incredible technical support and willingness to participate with customers is unparalleled by any other manufacturer. Thanks for reading this, and spread this review. :apple:

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Welcome to the club.

I'm sorry that you had problems, but AppleCare is a beautiful thing, isn't it?

May you have several more trouble-free years with your MacBook Pro!