Buy Applecare now for new iphone??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone529, May 25, 2010.

1. iphone529 macrumors regular

Do you think that the apple-care product number will change for the new iPhone.Currently the one product number is for all 3 iphone models. I was looking on eBay today and there are some great deals on applecare. More than half off.

Should i buy now or wait?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont think the applecare will change.
    If you want to get a cheap one of ebay go right ahead. It will work with the next iphone.

3. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

What is the differance between Apple Care and the new $13 ATT iPhone coverage you can pick up?

Do you need both to be totally protected?

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I believe Apple care cover those issues that would fall under warranty, but after the initial year is up though. The insurance pretty much covers you in case of theft, water, or physical damage. I will definitely be getting the insurance though. It's a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

5. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The insurance is such a waste of money IMO.
    You still pay a hefty deductible after months of continuous payments.
    Before loading up the App Store to sign up though, take into account the deductibles, which are pretty steep. Here’s the cost based on your iPhone model:

•iPhone 8GB 3GS – $99
    •iPhone 16GB 3GS – $149
    •iPhone 32GB 3GS – $199
    If you have no contract then the costs escalate significantly with a 32GB 3GS having a $699 deductible.

7. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

$699 is not a deductable, in all honesty, that's buying a new damn phone. I'd say paying that insurance with that kind of deductible is 100% pointless.

8. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Sounds like its Applecare for me then. I'm okay w/ only a 1 year extension as I'm sure I'll want whatever the version is that comes out around that time.
    I'll also pre-order on my Amex - they cover all sorts of things.

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

if anything, just get the applecare. the insurance would be worth it if they didn't charge the high deductible.

as stated above, the insurance is such a waste of money when apple will replace it for $199 and in some cases for free.

what would suck though is if they stopped doing that :mad:

10. KidStallyn macrumors 6502

KidStallyn

I will never get AppleCare on my iPhone EVER again. talk about a waste of money. When I went to go get service on my phone because the phone would psychotically vibrate while the switch was on, the apple care person said I had tripped my water senors and accused me of getting a substantial amount of water on the phone, and that's why it was malfunctioning.

So, they wanted to charge me another $199bux to trade out for a new phone......After I had already pre-paid my $68 or whatever it was for the apple care. faggedaboutit.....

My phones never been in water, it's always in a morphie battery case, and the sensors that were "tripped" were on the dock connector that's in the case.

Needless to say, I opened up the phone myself, and found that the screw holding the board next to switch had become loose.....That screw acts as a ground, and with no ground it was constantly floating causing the vibrate to constantly trip. All I had to do was tighten the screw and the problem was resolved. No water damage whatsoever on the inside of the phone.

11. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I think AppleCare on iPhones is pointless, as I upgrade every year. Otherwise it may not be half bad.

I'd only buy the AT$T insurance if I was worried about theft.