Buy AppleCare now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rocknblogger, May 24, 2013.

  1. rocknblogger macrumors 68020


    Apr 2, 2011
    New Jersey
    I know we don't have all the facts yet but I'm wondering if I should buy AppleCare for my rMBP now or wait until the new AppleCare policy goes into effect.

    It's undeniable that AppleCare adds value when you go to sell your MacBook but under the new supposed plan that will not be possible anymore. And of course we've all either seen or heard of how well Apple treated their AppleCare customers. I wonder if that's going to change?

    I am also assuming that customers who buy AppleCare now will continue to get the same support they've always gotten. I'm afraid that once they reveal all the details the new policy will immediately go into effect not giving anyone time to buy the current AppleCare.

    So with the limited information we have, what do you think? Buy now or wait?
  2. GGJstudios, May 24, 2013
    Last edited: May 24, 2013

    GGJstudios macrumors Westmere


    May 16, 2008
    I've been preoccupied with other projects lately, so I must've missed something. What "new AppleCare policy" are you referring to?

    Edit: After some Googling, I see what you're referring to.
  3. firedept macrumors 603


    Jul 8, 2011
    I have been holding off on getting it myself. But since the announcement of the changes coming (of which I am sure we do not know all the facts) I have been in a little more of a hurried state. I will most likely be getting mine in the next week. I would prefer my warranty attached to my iMac and not me. Subscription services are most likely going to be more expensive. I certainly can not see them being cheaper. JMO.

    Applecare Update.

Share This Page