Buy at this price now or wait for skylake?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Limitless5751, Nov 9, 2015.

  1. Limitless5751 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2015
    #1
    Just some background. So I tried various pc laptops for school and none worked out. I'm a senior mechanical engineer major with a littlenl over 2 more years to go. And I know what I'll need or what not in terms of laptops. At home I have a power custom pc I built so if I ever need anything powerful I have that. I just want a solid laptop for school use with good screen and good battery.


    Im able to get a new MBPr 256 gb new right now for 1166 total after CA tax because discover is offering 22% cash back till the end of year on any apple pay purchases. My questions is at this price should I just go ahead and buy the darn thing or wait for skylake update . I'm just afraid they'll make it lighter other then anything. I'm not in a rush but I would love to have it now specially considering the price. Skylaje should be out early 2016 right?
     
  2. PTLove macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2014
    #2
    If not in a rush and the cash back is end of the year why not wait till late December to make the call? Never know, it could be released by then.

    Unless you absolutely need it for the current semester. Then ask yourself how much Graphics performance matters to you. From a hardware perspective, that's the only large performance difference.

    I cannot comment on the weight issue you brought up, no idea if they will redesign the chassis or not.
     
  3. Potatochobit macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    #3
    skylake does not offer any big performance boost
    but you should wait because older model prices will go down some

    most mechanical engineers I knew used a PC
    at least, that was the case many years ago:D
    things are different now
     

Share This Page