- Jan 26, 2007
Given Intel's roadmap, which is the best time to buy? I'm leaning towards tock...
I'm not saying wait for more than a year. For example Santa Rosa just came out for the MBP and Penryn is expected in January. I think the SR (tock) would be the better buy over waiting a couple more months. Fast forward. Now if Penryn was out and Nehalem due in 4 months. I would say wait till Nehalem. I am just asking if you all feel the same? Or different?All depends on when you need the machine ...
Waiting 2-3 months for the next machine revision is one thing, waiting a year or more for the next architecture change may be silly.