Buy Black iPhone Tomorrow Then Return for White?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ldiggy, Jun 23, 2010.

1. ldiggy macrumors newbie

Like many of you, I really wanted to get a white iPhone, but in my incredible impatience (what can I say, I love new technology...everyone has their vice), I decided to pre-order a black one that I can pick up tomorrow at my local Apple Store.

However, I was wondering if anyone here knows if it would be possible to simply purchase a black iPhone tomorrow, return it within the 30 day window, then purchase a white one when they come out in mid-July?

2. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Just wait. Either you'll incur a restocking fee or worse you won't be able to exchange at all. (because the white iPhone may not come out for over 30 days)

3. ldiggy thread starter macrumors newbie

Thing is...I really don't mind paying the 10% restocking fee. It works out to about $30...really not that much of a premium to pay when considering how much you're paying in monthly fees to AT&T for the "luxury" of a subsidized upfront price.

So...really what I'm asking is, restocking fee aside, is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to return the phone and simply purchase a white one when they come out? I really doubt that they would be out 30 days after the black ones when Apple says they're going to be out in mid-July...but even in that scenario the gap would only be a matter of days.

What do you all think?

4. yrrej macrumors regular

i think the 10 percent is going to be based of the unsubsidized price so its gonna be around 60 dollars?

5. 301finest macrumors regular

I was thinking the same thing but I might just suck it up and keep the black one. It's gonna be cased up anyways

6. ldiggy thread starter macrumors newbie

What makes you think the 10% restocking fee would be on the full price and not the subsidized one?

7. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Because the phone cost 599 not 299. AT&T is paying for the other 300

8. dischNoutTAspd macrumors regular

30 days will have passed before the white one comes out.

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

it'll be 10% of what you paid, not the unsubsidized price.