Buy Cheap Monster Beats

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iAlwaysKnowIt, Dec 8, 2011.

1. iAlwaysKnowIt macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am looking to buy Beats Solo HD by Dre from Monster. Does anyone know any good qualified resellers that offer them for a price cheaper than the Apple Store? I found this site but I don't know if they are legit:

http://www.headphonestopshop.com/

If you have any others, please post them.

Thanks!!

2. Abyssgh0st, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I'll make this simple.

1. Beats suck. Trust me. I've owned a pair of Studios and Solos and returned them both.

2. Beats are way overpriced.

3. That site is not legit- don't give them ANY information.

4. If you're still insistent on getting these ******, overpriced, heavy, hot, terrible headphones- check eBay for a used pair. You can probably get a pair of Studios for ~$150 or less. Make sure they aren't knockoffs though. There are a ton of them.

3. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

You have to be really careful with resellers especially with beats. There are so many fakes out there. If you really want beats then I would buy them from a reputable store. But you can get the same quality headphones without the price tag if you look. Beats are just expensive because of the name, they aren't that much greater than other cheaper headphones.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Registrant:
    Lior Livni
    7 Hatavor st.
    Ramat Hasharon, Israel 47228
    Israel

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: HEADPHONESTOPSHOP.COM
    Created on: 13-Jul-11
    Expires on: 13-Jul-12
    Last Updated on: 24-Jul-11

Administrative Contact:
    Livni, Lior isis@barak.net.il
    7 Hatavor st.
    Israel
    +97-250-536-3529

Technical Contact:
    Livni, Lior isis@barak.net.il
    7 Hatavor st.
    Israel
    +97-250-536-3529

Domain servers in listed order:
    NS1.BIGCOMMERCE.COM
    NS2.BIGCOMMERCE.COM

Recently registered domain name by someone overseas. Scam.

5. i4Collin macrumors regular

I bought a pair of Beats from an Amazon seller before. I think they were the Beats Tour; they were the in ear ones. I looked up the headphones and found a page that told how to tell if your beats were fake or not. I checked, and mine were most definitely fake. It turns out there are ALOT of fake beats out there. I would advise you to be VERY careful about who you buy from.

6. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

Crappy headphones or not, why would you buy headphones you've never tried. What if they don't fit your head? what if they aren't comfortable. What if everybody is right and they really do suck. Do yourself a favor and go to your local big box and try some real headphones out. If you really want some good headphones get them from the people that make headphones, not the ones who make music and slap they're label on everything else.

7. iAlwaysKnowIt, Dec 23, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2011

iAlwaysKnowIt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the information. The site did give me videos such as this one reviewed by a YouTuber who has bought them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4RfISAvWDeU

They also provided me with a certificate claiming their legitimacy.

[​IMG]

So I trusted them until I read your info. What do you think?

----------

I have tried the headphones before and I really enjoyed them.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Anyone can put anything on YouTube. Anyone can make a fake certificate claiming it's legitimate. If you want to believe all that, go right ahead and order from them, but don't come here complaining when they take your money and your headphones are nowhere to be found.

9. iAlwaysKnowIt thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I am also dubious now. They have a return policy saying that you can return the products within 365 days. And if they don't deliver, I will just set up a dispute through PayPal. I'm good with those.

I really don't know.

10. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

You will either get a counterfit pair, or ripped off entirely. Look up fake Beat headphones, they are everywhere. Or you can go for it and lets us know how it turns out. Ill make the pop corn.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

We've given you plenty of reasons why it's most likely a scam but it sounds like you're trying to convince yourself that it's legit. The number one rule in life is if it's too good to be true, it is.

12. SurferMan macrumors 65816

yeh there's a ton of fake beat headphones/earbuds being sold all over. Beats actually aren't that bad, the earbuds are pretty good... the problem is there's a huge markup your paying for being associated with Dr Dre (paying for the name). So their not bad headphones, just there are better options out there that are cheaper.

13. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. If you really want Beats, OP then go to a legitimate store and buy them.

14. iAlwaysKnowIt thread starter macrumors newbie

It's not exactly too good to be true. It's only $20 off from the original. And right now, for Boxing Day, Best Buy is selling them for the same price.

----------

I know that there are too many fake materials sold all over. I'm just trying to look for a good deal on Beats. If you have a good one, then please tell me.

15. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

Monster has an outlet site where they sell refers at a fraction of the regular price. I bought a pair of Turbines and they sound excellent. I paid $49 reg price $179.

I think the regular priced beats are overpriced but the referb pricing is fair. You don't get the box but you get everything else, at least I did. I would buy from them again in the future.

16. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

You answered your own question. Just get them from Best Buy. They're a bigger company, so if you need to return them, you won't have as big a problem as sending them back. Also, that letter was dated in July.

To be honest, this looks really fishy, like you were trying to spam for this company, but I'll let that off. Either way, go through Best Buy if you aren't going to save anything.

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

So you're willing to risk getting scammed to save 20 bucks?

18. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

In an effort to attempt to be helpful, try the monster outlet store. They are $200 there right now, but they do go on sale occasionally. I've seen them for $160, and $130, but the $130 was back in March.

19. iAlwaysKnowIt thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the site. I really appreciate it. They are refurbished and I don't know how good the quality for those are.

----------

No. I'm willing to try my best to find a good deal.

20. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Should be same quality as new ones. Definitely better than fakes

21. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I told you earlier I bought the Turbines and they're excellent. They are as good as new.

22. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Perhaps you should tell him that MacHeads don't cheap-out on quality, just price if possible.

I think Steve is correct, and thought this from the get-go.

23. iAlwaysKnowIt thread starter macrumors newbie

Closed

Thanks guys for all your comments. I just bought the Monster Beats Solo HD - Black from Best Buy. I ordered them online for the Boxing Weekend Sale and they cost $203 including the tax ($179.99 without tax). I really hope they are worth it. If they're not, I'll just return them. :rolleyes::rolleyes: