I was all set on buying a Rebel XTi sometime within the next week for my trip to Yellowstone over Xmas. Until stumbling upon an article, stating that the XTi is most likely going to be replaced next month. I know it's just speculation, but Canon has been on a pretty straight 18 month cycle. I currently have a dying P&S, and some film SLR's, but shooting film is absolute LAST resort. Is there a place I can rent a cheap dSLR for a week?? The new speculated features sound great! (Larger screen, and Live Preview especially.) I figure these are my options: 1) Buy the XTi and deal with it! 2) Buy the XTi, at a retailer w/ a good return policy and take it back after a week . (Where) 3) Buy the XTi, then sell at "x" loss, and buy the "500D" when announced. 4) Wait for the "500D" because it will be awesome, and come with the new IS lens! It will be worth the wait, the P&S will have to do for Yellowstone. 5) Rent a dSLR for a week. Then buy the "500D" when announced. Any input on what is the best, or what you would do, would be great. Pretty much trying to find the smartest, hopefully cost-effective way. Thanks for the help!