Buy foreign mac now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TargetMan, Feb 18, 2008.

  1. TargetMan macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2008
    #1
    Hello, this is going to be just another of these shall I buy now or wait..

    I'm going to London this weekend, and I've long been looking at the MacBook as my next computer. The issue here is that in Norway the MacBook (simplest config. 2,2GHz) costs about £1040 at the moment, while in UK £829.

    Would like some of the experienced, heavily updated viewers point of view :) Is there an update just around the corner (with new backlit and/or/like the mouse-on-keyboard), or should I go ahead and buy? (i expect the custome go ahead buy, dont wait answere..)

    And is it possible to walk into a Mac-shop in London not haveing pre-ordered the Mac (basic config 2.2GHz) and walk out again same day with it?

    Thanks a lot for good replies :)
     
  2. Meep macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    As long as you just want a standard configuration (no BTO's like bigger harddrives or more RAM) you can walk into any apple store , buy a laptop and walk out the same day with it.
    I believe Applecare for Apple laptops has international cover so if you do get applecare you can use it back in Norway if you have any trouble.

    According to MacRumor's buyer's guide the Macbook is in mid product cycle http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook so i would say it's safe to buy.

    Also i'm sure you've thought about this but will the keyboard have all the accents etc that you need as it'll be a UK one.
     
  3. Meep macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 5, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #3
    Also if you check the product history you'll see that since the MacBook has been the MacBook and not an iBook (so the last two years) Apple has updated the MacBook in November and May of each year. So if Apple stick to this pattern then there will be an update in May, now the question is do you want to wait to May for a possibly better MacBook that might include a multitouch trackpad and the standard update in specs or do you want/need one now? No one can really make that decision for you, it's up to you!!!
     

Share This Page