Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
I've been hunting for an imac or mac pro. Basically I want quad core and the ability to have a lot of storage space as my wife and I have a 7 week old daughter now who we are taking a ton of video and photos of. Thought the Mac Pro would be the best for this. And the fact that I want this purchase to last a long time and I think the Mac Pro would last longer for me than the iMac.

Apple refurb has the lowest priced Mac Pro at 2199, which is a tad too expensive for me. But I saw better prices on macofalltrades. Anyone had experience with them? I've seen that they might not be the great CS, but I don't know.

They have the same MP for $1499. Differences are no keyboard/mouse, 90 day warranty. But a much better price. I've generally only bought from Apple refurbished, so I don't know about any other way of getting a good priced Mac Pro.

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 10, 2004
apply to a community college and take your letter of acceptance into the apple store and get student price.

well, the refurb price on the Mac Pro is cheaper than the edu price (I'm a grad student).

dandaley

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2008
well, the refurb price on the Mac Pro is cheaper than the edu price (I'm a grad student).

I would check Amazon. Usually, they'll have a rebate, plus free shipping, plus no tax (at least for me). The combination of those 3 things makes them hard to beat.

Amazon rebates are real simple too... no mailing. It is all done online and you actually get the check (at least, I have had no problems with them).

Oh, when you buy anything from Amazon, I would make sure it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." I have been screwed by other resellers who were selling through Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.