buy iMac in july?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nukiduz, May 11, 2006.

  1. nukiduz macrumors 6502


    Apr 23, 2006
    Hi to all. I was waiting for the MacBook to release but due to its "delays" I've had time to think if I really need a laptop. My actual laptop (not mac) uses to be always on the desktop; I only move it to, for example, the living room to see a movie or something. So I definitely changed my mind and decided to get an iMac by July.
    My question is: is that a good moment to buy an iMac? I've heard things about new intel processors but I'm not exactly an expert, so I just don't get it. Would you recomend me to wait or should I buy the iMac in July? Please, don't tell me to wait until 2007 or something, I need the new computer for september. Thanks!
  2. kretzy macrumors 604


    Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    There is rarely a "moment" to wait for, because things in the technology market progress so quickly. If you need the iMac by September, then just buy it when you need it. There is always the chance that if you wait, you may a get a newer model with a faster processor - it's a never ending cycle. If you are comfortable will the iMac's specs at the time of purchasing, then you should have nothing to worry about. Even if a newer model is released, your computer will still be just as useful. :)
  3. Vaphoron macrumors 6502


    Aug 5, 2004
    I would expect a small update within 3-4 months since it has almost been 5 months since it was updated last.
  4. Gatorman macrumors regular

    Apr 2, 2002
    Now's a great time to buy. I don't think there be any great overhall in the near future. If you don't need it right now and can hold out until September, I'd wait to see what happens at the WWDC in August. You might see a slight speed bump or some sort of add on (maybe). That's what happened to me when I got my Powermac G4. I was impatient and ordered it the week before the expo, and they had a speed bump increase and included the pro keyboard.

    That's why, even though it's killing me, I'm waiting until August before I buy my Macbook Pro. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see a Merom in that bad boy! :D
  5. nukiduz thread starter macrumors 6502


    Apr 23, 2006
    thanks for that. i guess i'll see what happens in wwdc. i wouldnt like to buy something that's going to be improved by a month or so.

Share This Page