buy iMac now? or wait for SL?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MACoconut, Mar 13, 2009.

  1. MACoconut macrumors regular

    Oct 9, 2008

    isit worth the wait for a new OS?

    i heard that after the SL release, there may be a refresh of the hardware specs too.

    i've searched the internet. an expected release of SL is on 8th June.

    so it will be approximately 3 months from now.

    so what do you think? :rolleyes:
  2. Tesselator macrumors 601


    Jan 9, 2008
    If you buy now don't they give you SL as a free upgrade? I thought I read on here somewhere that was the case. I dunno.
  3. MACoconut thread starter macrumors regular

    Oct 9, 2008
    but it is a 3months gap, would apple give free upgrades?

    i thought the gap is only a month or so?:rolleyes:
  4. kabunaru Guest

    Jan 28, 2008
    Patience is a virtue.
    So, wait until Snow Leopard if you do not need an Mac urgently right now.
  5. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

    May 22, 2008
    it depends, do you have $130 to spend in 3 months? or would you rather wait and save the $130?
  6. MACoconut thread starter macrumors regular

    Oct 9, 2008
    hmm. as for the new SL, will there a whole lot of features?

    i don't want to end up waiting, waiting and waiting.

    i've been waiting since last yr and the wait has been never-ending i guess. :p
  7. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

    Jul 29, 2005
    If you been waiting for a year then just get it already. Your just delaying how much fun your going to have with your mac.

    You might not even install SL till it hits 10.6.1 or 10.6.2 atlease.
  8. James Cole macrumors 6502

    Jul 15, 2007
    San Antonio, Texas
    Its pretty much the same depends if you want to pay extra for SL

Share This Page