Buy iMac now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Macinthelou, Mar 15, 2011.

  1. Macinthelou macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2011
    #1
    I need to purchase an iMac sometime within the next 2-4 weeks. Should I wait (just in case new models are announced), or just bit the bullet and buy now?
     
  2. r0k macrumors 68040

    r0k

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2008
    Location:
    Detroit
    #2
    Buyers' guide says "Don't buy updates soon", but they don't have to do find a computer in 2-4 weeks or do without one for now as perhaps you do.

    Apple is pretty good about letting you return stuff and pay restocking (or sometimes not) and get the newest thing. I doubt they will announce a new iMac in the next 2 months but I'm sure they will announce a new iMac in the next 6 months.

    If you don't care about thunderbolt or whatever new feature is likely to be announced, why not go for the base iMac (~$1200) so even if you do decide to sell it and buy the newer model later this year, you aren't out that much to begin with?
     
  3. Jayrcee macrumors regular

    Jayrcee

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Location:
    USA

Share This Page