Buy iMac now to replace old MBP?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by summero, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. summero macrumors regular

    summero

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #1
    I need your humble opinion, people: purchase an iMac now or wait to see if Apple updates 'em within the next month or so? I can live without one for now, it's just my MacBook Pro (late '06 2.33GHz) is one of the older models and it is getting laggy as hell! Thanks for your input. :)
     
  2. armoguy94 macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    #2
    Keep your MBP in case that the iMacs have a large overhaul this time around. It's expected
     
  3. summero thread starter macrumors regular

    summero

    Joined:
    Mar 13, 2007
    Location:
    San Diego, CA
    #3
    Yeah, I'm keeping the MBP. Just adding an iMac to the mix. :)
     
  4. Hellhammer Moderator

    Hellhammer

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2008
    Location:
    Finland
    #4
    If you decide to wait, be ready to wait +3 months. iMac update isn't expected before early 2010
     
  5. zedsdead macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2007
    #5
    I agree. But based on what you have, it should hang in there fine until then. I say definitely wait. Right now there will not be a huge difference between your machine and the recent iMac's.

    Also, it seems your going from portable to desktop, keep that in mind. You might be better off with a Macbook Pro again with the LED screen...just a thought.
     

Share This Page