buy ip4 now or wait till end of september?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexcarter123, Sep 5, 2010.

  1. alexcarter123 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    #1
    Hi

    i'm wanting to buy a ip4 but worried it will be updated soon, as macrumours say a model with a new casing could come out as early as end of this month.

    What are peoples opinions??
     
  2. Metal Dice macrumors regular

    Metal Dice

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2009
    Location:
    Denmark
    #2
    I have the same problem, i wanna get it now but why not just wait a bit longer. I think you should wait too. In any case it wont hurt.
     
  3. Krayd2k macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2010
    #3
    I think a new hardware update would not come out till next June/July
     
  4. Surely Guest

    Surely

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #4
    I agree.

    So does this site: http://www.macrumors.com/members/buyersguide/#iPhone

    I just don't see it happening so quickly..... it would be a big FU to everyone who already bought one. Imagine the amount of attempted trade-ins that would clog Genius Bars everywhere...... it would be a PR and logistical nightmare for Apple, especially after the whole antennagate crap has already passed.
     
  5. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

    Sir Ruben

    Joined:
    Jul 3, 2010
    #5
    All you are doing by waiting is wasting time that could be spent enjoying the iPhone 4. Its a fantastic device.
     
  6. aldo818 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 18, 2009
    Location:
    South of France
    #6
    I planned to wait too but then i told myself the most they would change is something at the antenna and as i ve a 30 day return right i just got it.

    I think they wont change the design it s just nearly not possible to change all the production lines compleatly buy new componants etc... make tests etc....

    With a bit of common sense you most come to the conclusion they might chance a lil part a the antenna that s it.

    I bet they ll put the free cases already in the box so it s cheaper for them as to send them out seperatly ;)
     
  7. threezero macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2008
    #7
    exactly my thought. I think something was lost in translation, the box of the iphone 4 will be modify to be able to fit in a bumper not the case of the iphone 4 itself. Since the bumper essentially "fixes" the problem its not far fetch for the news of a "box redesign with included antenna fix" after being past via several source to turn into a "case redesign that fixes the antenna"

    also possible that some1 is trying to start **** as news like this can only harm apples' sales
     
  8. McBeats macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2007
    Location:
    erf
    #8
    buy now, or wait til black friday discount sales :)

    no update will happen until next june!
     
  9. ikaveh macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2008
    Location:
    here
  10. ovrlrd macrumors 65816

    ovrlrd

    Joined:
    Aug 29, 2009
    #10
    I am going to say this right now, if by some off chance (extremely unlikely) that Apple released an updated iPhone 4 with a hardware fix for the antenna issue, they would get such a huge massive backlash from current iPhone 4 owners that they would end up having to replace them free of charge.

    Even if they did the "free case" program, it would not excuse such an awful move by Apple considering the huge deal they made about the iPhone's antenna being a non-issue (how other phones had the same issue).

    There is just no way they could pull something like that off, and for that reason more than anyhing, there is no new hardware revision coming. Not even in a "quiet release" where they don't tell anyone (like people wouldn't figure it out).

    What will happen after September 30 aka the end of the fiscal quarter (and the reason for the date)?

    Three things could happen:
    1. Bundled Bumper Cases for all new iPhone 4s
    2. The current "Free Case" program is extended
    3. The "Free Case" program ends, if people are perfectly happy with buying iPhone 4s without it

    It really is that simple, only one of those three outcomes will occur.
     
  11. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

    Statusnone88

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2010
    Location:
    Orlando, Florida
  12. MyRomeo macrumors 6502

    MyRomeo

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2010
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #12
    just get one, if its faulty or you simply dont like it take it back within the coolign off period.

    I did exactly this and love the handset, no need to replace it, no problems at all!

    I agree with the comments in this thread tho, releasing a revised hardware spec would be PR suicide, its as good as steve coming on stage and telling every existing IP4 owner that their phone is faulty. wont happen.
     
  13. steve777 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2010
    #13
    go for it dude...

    how can you wait for a month !!!!
     
  14. saving107 macrumors 603

    saving107

    Joined:
    Oct 14, 2007
    Location:
    San Jose, Ca
    #14
    30 days from today will be October 6th, so if Apple releases a new iPhone at the end of this month, you will still be within your 30 day return period. So I say buy it now, and lets see what happened in the next 30 days.
     
  15. billyjoegibsonx macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 10, 2008
    #15
    Just buy it.

    There won't be a new iPhone until June/July '11.
     

Share This Page