iPad buy ipad 3 or ipad 2?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aPple nErd, Sep 3, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

ok i either want to buy a 2 or wait till march and buy the 3 reduced. if i get a 2, i will jailbreak just for siri and weather widgets. or do you think that i should just wait. i want a tablet and cant spend more than 350 right now. if i get a 3 it will not be jailbroken. what do i buy?

2. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I have an ipad 3 JB right now on 5.1.1
    I found it on sale for $465 online. I heard of some deals that go as low as $450 for the base model ipad 3.

4. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Should wait fro iPad mini. See what is it like.

5. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i know the ipad 3 can be, but i wont jailbrek if i get a 3. all i want is siri. so should i go ahead and buy a 2? i mean, its already kinda outdated, but still far ahead of the tab 10.1, and the xoom right?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You won't jb an iPad 3 but you would an iPad 2?
    I don't get it.

7. aPple nErd thread starter macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

all i want is siri, so since the ipad 2 wont get siri in ios 6, the ipad 3 will

8. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

I think if you actually research what you can do with a jailbroken iPad you will change your mind about only wanting to do it for Siri. There are a ton of customization apps in Cydia that put the "vanilla" iPad to shame. I will never use or buy another iPad unless it can be jailbroken on the spot. Check out things like SBSettings, Iconoclasm, Infinidock...or a great all in one customization app is Springtomize. The possibilities are virtually limitless with a jailbreak as long as there is a developer out there to create the app or tweak.

9. Dkorda macrumors 6502

10. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

Without a doubt it does. Also the 1GB of RAM is sweet, especially compared to the measly 256MB my iPad 1 has. I want to upgrade so badly, but my wallet just laughs at me when I try to buy one. :p

11. q64ceo macrumors regular

I just hope the iPad mini rumors are wrong about it being based off of the iPad 2. It would most likely be more easier to jailbreak, but the iPad 2 compared to the 3, well, there really cannot be any comparison.