Buy iPad 3 or wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Aug 26, 2012.

  1. Liquinn Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    #1
    Hi, should I buy the iPad 3 or wait for the next iPad next year/the iPad mini or should I buy now?

    Thanks. :apple:
     
  2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

    mankar4

    Joined:
    Aug 23, 2007
    Location:
    USA
    #2
    The Ipad costs about $500.

    If you make $50K after taxes, thats less than 1% of your net income.
    Will you spend more than 1% of your day on it? That's about 15 minutes per day.

    If it is less than 1% of your income and you will spend more than 1% of your time on it, then you should buy it. If not, you should wait.
     
  3. CASLondon macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    #3
    I think you need to wait 2 and a half years, for the iPad Max.
     
  4. marc11 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2011
    Location:
    NY USA
    #4
    Huh? That is the most insane logic to justify an expense I have ever read.
     
  5. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

    virginblue4

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #5
    I'd go ahead and buy it now. The 4th generation iPad won't be announced for roughly 7 months. The iPad mini is rumoured for an October announcement. It depends if you want a 9.7" display or a 7.85" display.

    If you want the 9.7", then buy the iPad 3 now. Hope this helps :)

    Good analysis. I like it :)

    Or maybe 3 and a half years until the iPad Max 2 is announced! :)
     
  6. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

    Joined:
    Apr 10, 2011
    #6
    I'm gonna buy the iPad Mini on launch if it does come out; and then buy the 2013 iPad next March.
     
  7. LastDayDawn macrumors newbie

    LastDayDawn

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2012
    Location:
    United States
    #7
    Wait for 2 months.
    Is it really that difficult?
    If a new iPad is announced, the chances for the current gen iPad to lower in price is high.

    Besides, you get to see the new generation of iPad and make a decision on which one you want to buy. Be smart.
     
  8. virginblue4 macrumors 68000

    virginblue4

    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2012
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    #8
    There may be an iPad mini announced in 2 months, but there won't be another 9.7" iPad until around March 2013.
     
  9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

    willmtaylor

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2009
    Location:
    A Natural State
    #9
    Wait until Ocober to see if the Mini debuts and if the new iPads are updated with a new connector. Then make your decision.
     
  10. ixodes macrumors 601

    ixodes

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2012
    Location:
    Pacific Coast, USA
    #10
    Oh my, that's a creative way to spin it.
     
  11. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

    golf1410

    Joined:
    May 7, 2012
    Location:
    San Francisco, CA
  12. RenoG macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2010
    #12
    ^^^this

    or

    wait for the ipad 5 it'll have a glassless 3D feature..
     

Share This Page