iPad mini Buy iPad mini or wait a month?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by noiseordinance, Jul 28, 2013.

  1. noiseordinance macrumors regular

    Sep 12, 2012
    I start clinical rotations in a month and really want an iPad mini since they fit perfectly in a white coat pocket. I bought a mini yesterday and the guy at the apple store said that if a new mini comes out in the next month, they will adjust the price of my purchase for up to 30 days to reflect the price decrease in the iPad mini 1. However, I'm wondering if I should return it and wait to buy it again in a month since it would give me an extra 30 days for a price adjustment in the event the new model releases in September. I'm not too savvy with apple's release schedule, however. I realize no one knows for sure if an updated mini will be released this year at all. But would it make sense to hold off as long as possible since I have no use for the mini at the moment anyways?
  2. tpho macrumors newbie

    Aug 6, 2012
    I would keep it. It's still worth $329 IMO even with the new Nexus 7.
  3. kidtachyon macrumors member

    Sep 27, 2012
    Utah's West Desert
    A new iPad Mini won't be released before the end of August. There is a chance one will be announced in Sept for a late Sept release.

    I say get it now if you want it now. If you find a new one is released in late Sept you can decide now whether to keep your iPad or sell it and upgrade.

    If I were you, I would buy now and enjoy it now. There is always a new model just around the corner.

    EDIT: I see you already bought it and are wondering about keeping your 30-day adjustment period. I still say just keep it now and use it now.
  4. Ledgem macrumors 65816


    Jan 18, 2008
    Hawaii, USA
    Yes, it makes sense to hold off.

    I've been on clinical rotations for a few months now and find the iPad Mini to be indispensable. I take patient notes on it, I have a bunch of clinical apps loaded, I have treatment algorithms loaded, and I have a slew of study resources for downtime. A retina display would be even better (particularly for reading my patient notes), but an iPad Mini with no retina is better than no iPad Mini at all.

    But I'm already on rotations, and you're a month away. Unless you're new to iOS and want to have some time to train on it, I would wait as long as you could.
  5. noiseordinance thread starter macrumors regular

    Sep 12, 2012
    I'm glad to hear that the iPad mini is an awesome tool! I hear you about retina... I have an rMBP and an iPad 4, so the pixels on the first gen mini aren't the prettiest thing, but not that big of a deal. It sounds like we may not see a retina mini this year, but even if they do a hardware update, the 1st generation will go down in price, which would be nice for my broke student a**. I'll return it and rebuy it in a month since I don't have any need for it for a little while. Thanks!!

Share This Page