Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iPad Pro Buy iPad Pro 11 Now or Wait?

rustyosaurus

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
119
6
I'm planning to buy the iPad Pro 11 but had decided to wait until the refresh, whenever that is. I'm using the first generation Air that still works pretty well. But I just saw that the Pro 11 256 is on sale for $799 for Prime Day. Is $150 off worth getting now or is it still better to wait if what I am using is still working okay?
 

psingh01

macrumors 68000
Apr 19, 2004
1,519
543
If we go by previous updates, I don't think a new iPad Pro will be released until sometime next year. Also, Amazon has been putting these iPads on sale quite frequently. I don't think it has anything to do with Prime Day. You can probably get the same deal next week or later.
 
Comment

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
3,230
1,955
I thought I saw the 11in model in the $625 range with the student deal at BB today which is phenomenal.

I went with the 12.9 as I want to start big and if that doesn't work, I will return for the smaller one.
 
Comment

Momof9

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2018
293
77
I have been thinking about this as well... but now they are sold out locally :(
 
Comment

iono11200

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
127
21
I too was on the fence. Almost bought a few weeks ago but then prices soared yet again. I wanted to sell my (2) 9.7" IPP while I could still realistically get a decent price for them. Pulled the trigger on (2) 11" 64gb WiFi Only IPP from Best Buy at $674.99 each. Only drawback was sales tax. I had been in contact with B&H and they in fact told me they would price match. They refused to price match BB in the end. Kind of left a sour taste in my mouth for B&H. I'm thinking I will be only shopping BB for my electronic purchases from here on out.
 
Comment

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
3,230
1,955
I would buy right now at $749 but I only see it listed at $799?

EDIT: Just realized you can get another $50 off if you're in college so I pulled the trigger at $749.

Snagged one as well with AC+. Couldn’t resist the device and that price any longer. Very happy with waiting and saving $250+!
 
Comment

AutomaticApple

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2018
5,017
1,952
Massachusetts
I'm planning to buy the iPad Pro 11 but had decided to wait until the refresh, whenever that is. I'm using the first generation Air that still works pretty well. But I just saw that the Pro 11 256 is on sale for $799 for Prime Day. Is $150 off worth getting now or is it still better to wait if what I am using is still working okay?
Go for it while you can!
 
Comment

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
3,230
1,955
Deals are too good to pass up now and will hope they dont release until next spring.

Either way, if I didnt have tech addiction this thing feels like it could last 5+ years with how blazing fast and smooth this thing is.

I am not brave enough to put ios13 beta on it yet but man I am excited to see what's coming.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Porterhouse
Comment

sananda

macrumors 68030
May 24, 2007
2,502
203
I would buy right now at $749 but I only see it listed at $799?

EDIT: Just realized you can get another $50 off if you're in college so I pulled the trigger at $749.

Nice discount!

I would be tempted myself with such a discount in the UK.
 
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.