iPad Pro Buy iPad Pro now or wait?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

2. SBruv macrumors 6502

3. AstroDrew macrumors regular

AstroDrew

I personally am going to wait and see the next generation. I have a policy of not buying first generation product just because it's normally overpriced for the components it has compared to the following generations which they load up with better features and components that makes it justifiable to spend you hard earned money on.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i personally dont go with that these days. yes, pro2 might be better, but then pro 3,4,5,6 etc etc will be better again.

this pro really really is an impressive bit of kit. it really is the best ipad on the market. and yes, it will be superceded, but so will that and so on.

the Pro is a first in a new category, but is it strictly 1st gen? not really. not after it's fine and proven previous ipad pedigree to build from. and it is good.

i think its a gamble well worth taking, no matter what sracer quotes me on saying im wrong again ;) (see? personal opinion. subjectively as right as any other opinion)

the hardware is that good, lets hope the software follows suit. can you afford/want it that much is the question :)

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

There will always be something better around the corner. :(

6. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

absolutely. so why wait for the best, because the best is only the best for a short limited time until it's old tech next week. this is a definite.

my boss always used to hold off on buying office pc's because he claimed the best were 'coming out next month'. next month NEVER comes :)

7. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

So buy it now. You could be hit by a bus next year and therefore never enjoy it.

8. whodatrr macrumors 6502a

whodatrr

Well, I'd at least wait a few more days. Looks like there will be s lot of deals on open box units.

9. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Go for it.

10. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I have a rule. If I like it, I buy it. I don't care what anyone thinks. Life is too damn short not to enjoy and have fun. :)

11. Capt T macrumors 6502a

If you want/need it now, and can afford it buy now. Else you will always be waiting for the next best thing.

12. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

They need an iPad program like the iPhone program where you can get a new iPad every year and trade in the old.

13. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

The problem is that the next gen features were suppose to be for 1st gen iPad pro.

14. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

but maybe the next gen features of the 3 could have been in 2. whatever, the next gen is always better. you're just enforcing the same old same old. ;)

as every one say, it's great. if you want then go buy :)

15. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

In some way..yes. However, there is one generation version that would satisfy the person and be able to skip 2 generations.

16. TJone macrumors 6502a

I would wait. I think sales will disappoint with this generation and Apple will make many improvements in the next gen. The Pro really does not do enough to justify its price. Its an iPad Plus in my opinion. Hopefully they will have Pencils available by the time the next gen arrives.

17. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

Powerful CPU, screaming GPU, 4GB ram, USB 3.0, the hardware is already there. All that's needed are the future iOS updates and apps that take full advantage of the hardwares huge potential.

So, if it's capable of doing what you need it to now, or you don't mind waiting for updates coming in the very near future, then get it now!

18. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

The thing is, is it the hardware or the software holding you back from your purchase. If it's software, I can see that changing over time to better take advantage of what the Pro has to offer vs you believing the hardware is still lacking and won't be a two year device.