Buy iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Lightey, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Lightey macrumors regular

I know that Apple has an event for the iPad 2 next week, but the iPad 2 mockups look very ugly and un-Apple like.

Should I go for the iPad 1? I don't care about RAM and Cameras.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

At this point, I'd at least wait and see what the event is about/specs of the iPad 2.

3. jimHdk macrumors regular

If you aren't interested in the iPad 2 features, and you can wait just a bit, you will probably se the current iPad discounted to make way for the new iPad.

4. Saberon macrumors 6502a

Either way, wait until March 2nd for iP2 announcement, there *may* be an iPad 1 price drop.

5. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

No one really knows if the mock ups are real, and it would annoy me if I bought an iPad and a new version came out weeks later. If the mock ups are correct, you can buy a referb later at a reduced cost.

6. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Why don't you just wait for the announcement, see how it looks like, then decide? It's not like the current models will be pulled from the shelves immediately after the announcement. You'll have at least a month or two to decide.

7. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

in two weeks you will be able to get whatever iPad 1 model you want about $200+ cheaper (craigslist) than you would now.