buy iphone 3g or wait for new version?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rudetude, May 5, 2009.

1. rudetude macrumors newbie

I have decided to get an iphone but I have heard rumors that a new version is supposed to drop in the next few months. How true are these rumors? Should I hold off and not get the 3g? Also I was wondering, if I canceled my contract and decided to use gophone plans would I have to unlock my phone?

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No one knows for sure, but many people expect Apple to introduce a new iPhone sometime this summer. I would suggest waiting to see what happens.

3. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

The new iPhone will be announced in WWDC and released end of June.

You read it here first.

4. alana22 macrumors regular

Aww these questions are cute!

Well, I'm guessing there will be a new iPhone in June (maybe July, but I think June) and my ****GUESS**** is that it will have 32gb storage max as opposed to the current 16gb, a better camera, and possibly a design change as well. How important these upgrades are to you should dictate whether you buy now or wait another month or two.

Personally, I find the iPhone camera totally adequate for grabbing a photo of something on the fly, 16gb is fine (I always have 5gb free anyway), and I love the design and feel of the phone in my hand.

But barring a complete eye sore, I'll still likely upgrade to the new iPhone when it comes out because I must have the latest and greatest .. I'm petty like that. :)

5. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Yes, you should definitely wait. The new iPhone 3.0 OS will be released for all phones, but the new phone will be a whole lot better. You can definitely wait a month, and you should because the new iPhone will have a new layout that utilizes special chips for its core processor that will make it more powerful.

6. The Governor macrumors regular

I disagree. Buy now! Somebody needs to boost the iphone sales :rolleyes:

7. Andruw91 macrumors regular

They are rumors because they are just an guess and nothing is for sure

8. vipergts2207 macrumors 6502a

vipergts2207

Nope there won't be a new iPhone. You should just go buy a 3G.

9. ericxd macrumors regular

lol so no one is for cortain if thers gonna be a new iPhone?