Buy iPhone 3G S or buy 15 inch Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AppleNewYork, Jul 14, 2009.

1. AppleNewYork macrumors member

I could either buy a 13inch MBP and get an iPhone 3G S with the extra money or I could only buy a MBP and get the 15inch version of it. Any scheduled updates to the iPhone 3G S any time soon?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Umm... the iPhone is fairly predictable, no updates until June.

3. AppleNewYork thread starter macrumors member

I dont mean a major upgrade, I have been reading about a few issues and Im wondering if Apple is planning on fixing them

4. u49aa2 macrumors 6502a

u49aa2

any further updates (until next June) will be software updates, so you will get them for free anyway

5. sparkyms macrumors 65816

Depends on if you want a 15inch laptop or a 13inch laptop and an iPhone.

The only 'upgrades' you will see between now and June are software, I don't think you'll see a shift in build quality.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

If you're on the fence, I'd wait until June 2010 for the WWDC when the new iPhone comes out.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Depends on what you mean by "fix." Apple might "fix" the yellow screen tint by just manufacturing slightly different, but they aren't going to be public about it and it would not be seen as like iPhone 3GS.5

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Then people will bitch about the screens having a blue tint.

9. noobinator macrumors 601

my 3gs has a blue screen. I should return it for a yellow!

10. AiralynRose macrumors 6502a

If you're not using the laptop as your primary computer, then a 13 inch would be fine. I would never want a laptop any bigger than 13 inches, it is perfect size for portability and usage.

If you want an iPhone, get it now. Make sure you can afford the monthly bill though!

Only changes will be software changes until next summer. All software changes will be downloaded for free through iTunes to any iPhone. If there is anything defective about the iPhone you get, Apple will replace it for you.

11. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

12. LEOMODE macrumors regular

now my suggestion:

if you're trying to use macbook and iphone as a mobile internet surfing device, i'll say 3gs is a perfect companion.

the reason being that is 3gs is so fast now in terms of safari, much much faster than 3g which i always felt lacking in speed and responsiveness.

but if you have to use macbook outside for various of reasons (such as graphic intensive jobs, working on office suites, and etc) then u should get the macbook

but as i said in the mobile surfing device, and if u dont own a phone like iphone, then u should definitely get the iphone

cuz now i dont feel like needing a macbook outside when i just need to surf the web