Buy iPhone 3GS now or after 24th??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by diamond3, Jun 12, 2010.

1. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

So I going to buy 2 32gb iPhone 3GS to run on t-mobile. Is it best to buy them now as people are trying to sell them before the 24th or after when people decide they want the new iPhone 4?

I've found a couple for $325 and $350 that are in good condition. Should I expect it to go much lower as time goes on? Is that even a good price? Does anyone have experience with the trends for the previous releases?

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

YOu should wait if you want the best price. But why do you not want the iPhone 4.

3. GadgetGeek71 macrumors 6502

It's a seller market right now and it will be a buyers market after the 24th. If money is the primary issue, I'd wait until the week after the 24th.

4. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

I'd wait until after the 24th. When people are trying to get anything out of their 3gs and are drooling over their iphone4

5. SamTheeGeek macrumors 6502

SamTheeGeek

I would totally say you should wait till the iPhone 4 comes out and 3g S price goes down hill :)

6. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

yup, wait till iphone4 comes out, then everybody will be selling. However, if you're like me, you'll probably change your mind and want an iphone 4 haha.

7. diamond3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

That is what I was wondering, but I was thinking the 32gb 3gs for $325 seemed like a good idea. How much lower do you guys expect them to go? I can't imagine them going too much lower. I've got a 32gb iPod Touch I need to sell, is it likely I could sell it now and by the iPhone without losing any money?

As for the iPhone 4, there is no doubt that I would want one. However, the difference between T-mobile family plan with 2 iPhones and AT&T is extremely different. ~$150 for 2 iPhones and 1 cheap phone vs ~$100 on T-Mobile with more minutes and unlimited internet (although slow) as well as no contract. So if the iPod touch gets a really nice upgrade, I might go back to verizon in a few months since everyone in the extended family is on verizon.

Also, I guess the advantage to waiting is that hopefully by then the unlock will be released for iOS 4 and the new baseband.