Buy Iphone 4 or sign contract for 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by korndawg, Oct 5, 2011.

1. korndawg macrumors regular

I have a dilemma. My OG Droid sucks and I'm ready to smash it. I was 100% set on getting the iphone 5 but with the announcement of the 4S, I'm stuck. I was eligiable for an upgrade in June (Verizon) and have been impatiently waiting. Once the iphone 5 is released (bigger screen, redesign) I am 100% going to get it. So now my dilemma, I can currently by a used iphone 4 for ~300 or do I sign a new contract for a 4S, use it and sell it when an Iphone 5 comes and buy one unlocked? Which would be the best/cheapest route to go? Mind u, I can only upgrade after 20 months. Thanks!

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Whichever. If you sigh contract then when you sell the 4s you will make back enough money to pay the higher cost when the iphone 5/6 comes out. Just don't expect to see the next phone until next October.

3. korndawg thread starter macrumors regular

Ya, just trying to figure out the best route w/ losing the least amount of money :eek:

4. icanhasiphone? macrumors regular

I would just buy a used iPhone 4, the new features in the 4S aren't compelling enough for me to want one. The original 4 is still an awesome phone.