Buy iPhone 6 at Apple Store and still Trade in 5s at AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wootang00, Sep 24, 2014.

1. wootang00 macrumors member

Stopped by Att and they mentioned this was possible and receive the $300 credit. can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

2. galax83061 macrumors member

galax83061

That's what they told me when I went into a store looking for a 6+. They also told me the price was only good till the end of the month. So I don't see me getting 300 anytime soon.

3. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

How much credit would I get for a 4? Would it just towards my bills?

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I'm so tempted but I don't really want $300 AT&T credit because my company pays my AT&T phone bill. Thought about using it towards an iPad but the cellular models are overpriced and I don't need it with my phone's hotspot. :mad:

:apple:

5. wootang00 thread starter macrumors member

just an FYI, spoke with att via chat. i have the transcript saved.

It is confirmed. You can buy any model of the iphone 6.. whether it is unlocked or at&t at the apple store.. save the receipt. and when you bring that to the att store, you can trade your previous iphone in prior to sept 30 for the promotional credit.

for the iphone 5s it is $300.

hope this helps some people out there..
    thanks!

6. Spiffyis5150 macrumors member

Definitely helps. Thanks!

7. mrjoeyjiffy macrumors member

$200 which is amazing considering we normally only give $40 for a 4, and it goes on a gift card use it how you want(bill, accessories, devices)

8. Bluebros macrumors regular

Just came back from an ATT store. They said they would take any working iPhone for the gift card. Last year when I upgraded my 4s to the 5s, I sent in my old phone to one of those online "sell your phone" sites. It was returned as they claimed it had some water damage. Phone still works.

Took it in and the clerk powered it on, played around for 30 seconds and BOOM, I got my $200 bucks. It is even more than I was going to get last year! They are giving $300 for working 5 & 5s phones.

Deal ends 9/30 OR 14 days after you receive your new 6. Just bring your receipt but I'm sure they can look it up on your account. Great deal! I'm buying a new grill this weekend :D

9. mrjoeyjiffy macrumors member

$300 is only for the 5s model! But yes the requirements and inspection is ridiculously lax, enjoy the credit!

10. KratosKilla macrumors regular

What can you get for an original 5? Do you have to bring your box in or will they just take the phone? Can that credit be used toward your bill?

11. ScottJ macrumors regular

$200 for the 5. All they need is the phone. The Promotion Card can be used toward paying your wireless bill…

12. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

I might have a 3G somewhere, would this also give me $200?

13. ScottJ macrumors regular

The deal covers only the 4, 4s, 5, and 5c at $200, and the 5s at $300. HOWEVER, if you can find the 3G and get it to hold a charge, why don't you take it to a Company store and see what they say? (What do you have to lose?) Let us know how it goes...

14. Lylyluvda916 macrumors regular

Does anyone know if we can trade in even if we're not purchasing a phone?

I'm gonna trade in my old 4s but also have another spare 4s.

If I was cant, should I unlock it and sell it online? If so, how much?

15. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

What if I bought it at Best Buy?

How much for a 5?

What if I have a phone with a crack screen? (Got an old 4 to trade in as well..)