Buy iPhone 6 case in store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KayDeForce, Sep 19, 2014.

1. KayDeForce macrumors newbie

Got my phone today and my case is not coming until the week after next. So I need a cheap case to hold me over until it arrives. Which stores already carry iPhone 6 cases and are not crazy busy today? Would like to just walk in and walk out.

2. wallinthe80s macrumors newbie

went in my local best buy for the same purpose with my 6+.... all they had were the invisishields. not a single 6+ case. and the 10-15 6 cases looked like a 7 year old girl designed them. good grief

3. zinman macrumors member

I went to two Best Buy stores, a Target, and an AT&T store. None of them had the genuine Apple cases. When I went to Target and asked the lady that helped me, she had a case in each hand and said, "These are they only two we have." I guess I'll be taking a long journey to the nearest Apple Store tomorrow.

4. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I'm having a hard time finding a 6+ case anywhere, worried about walking around with it naked. :eek:
    There were TONS of cases and screen protectors at the Verizon store this morning for the 6, not even a screen protector for my Plus.

5. maybeiloveyou macrumors member

Found lots and lots of 6 cases at Best Buy... very poor selection of 6+ :(

6. AreanFSL macrumors 6502

You could walk into an Apple store too if you're not purchasing the phone.
    Separate set of workers put aside primarily for buying accessories.

7. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Yup - Apple Store

I walked into the Apple Store today - when I asked if I could, they said "of course" even though there was a huge line. All I wanted to do was look at the 6+. Once I saw it, I knew I'd be happy when mine ordered 09/12 at 7AM ET arrives (expected October 13-20 - hoped for sooner). I got it in olive brown.

8. buckeye311 macrumors newbie

That annoys me. Drove to my local apple store in Columbus, Ohio today and there was a line. Asked the 'genius' outside if it was cool for me to just go in to look at the cases. He said "no store is only open for iPhone purchases only". I then gave him a blank stare and asked again if he was serious, and he was.

Luckily I had some other errands to run in the same area so it wasn't a total loss.

9. BabyFu18 macrumors member

BabyFu18

I went to an AT&T store to get a case, they had a decent selection of 6 and 6 plus cases available (no apple branded cases).

10. Dick Whitman macrumors 6502

Dick Whitman

Haha will you really? The closest Apple store to me is at least an hour away. I could make that hike, but I was hoping that other retailers will begin to carry the leather cases.

11. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I haven't found a case yet for my 6 Plus. They had 2 at Verizon Friday, one was an ugly navy blue and lime green incipia and one was a solid black case mate. I have a white and gold phone, neither of those cases would have looked good on this phone. Right now it's naked and I'm nervous, going to try again tomorrow to see if maybe Verizon got a shipment since Friday.

12. svkuj macrumors newbie

I just came from an Apple Store in the mall. Two long lines to purchase the iPhone 6 but you can just walk in and buy other things. I walked in, picked up the Olive Brown leather iPhone 6 case, used Easy Pay, and walked out without ever having to interact with an Apple Store employee.

13. Nurse Jill macrumors member

Nurse Jill

wtf im in houston and the worker told me it was ok to go inside to look for a case. there was a long ass line outside too.

14. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

It's slim pickens on cases unless you are in an Apple Store.

Our local AT&T had about five iPhone 6 cases and two 6+ to choose from and they all looked like they weighed more than the phone.

No OEM Apple cases at Best Buy either.