Buy iPhone 6S or wait until iPhone 7?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Liquinn, Oct 11, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Should I buy a iPhone 6S plus now or wait until the iPhone 7 (where Apple might have 256GB storage - here's hoping)?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I suppose when the iPhone 7 comes out, they are going to ask "Should I buy 7 now or wait until the 7S comes out". I'd say just buy it now, and be happy with what you have. I suppose if you are a type of person who needs that much space, then you can play the waiting game.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hmmmmmm... that's the thing with technology - always something better around the corner.

4. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

How could you need a 256 phone? A 256 iPad I can understand but not a phone

5. neile45 macrumors regular

"How could you need a 256 phone? A 256 iPad I can understand but not a phone"

Maybe if it has continuum like Microsoft, where it can be your computer also?

6. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

My 16GB 5S is full up. :(

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The 6S and 6S+ are the first really, really good iPhones for three years in my humble opinion. It's a good time to upgrade.
    The iPhone 7 will be a form factor change and still have 2GB of RAM, plus an incremental processor & camera upgrade. It's doubtful that 256GB will be on offer, more likely that 32GB will be the base.

8. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

The 6S Plus would be cheaper once they release the 7/7S. And yeah, time will tell. I hope 32GB will be the base (which is around 25GB).

9. TitanicManDC macrumors member

TitanicManDC

If you really need 256GB, buy a 128GB now and get one of those Mophie cases that adds tons of extra storage. Problem solved! :)

10. dfran1 macrumors regular

I do agree that this is the question that pops up every year with anything.....
    -Should I buy that 720p tv or wait for the 1080p
    -Should I buy that 1080p tv or wait for the 4k.
    -Should I buy that 3D tv or wait for 4D

But the killer is the ones justifying their purchase for the current device, WHEN everyone knows next year will absolutely be better. (as I and most fall into this group at times)

So the question is..
    1. Can you wait a year?
    2. Do you really need the features of this years (because next years will have all this and previous years PLUS more)?
    3. Can you afford to upgrade now (this is really the biggest one)?

I fall into a group of most of the time I want the latest, BUT not this year (so far), every year I purchased some new phone but not this year so far. My group should consider the new apple way or sell on their own (like I usually do now). But I think I am starting to do the 2 year program.

By the way last year was the biggest change for iPhone to date since the release, the new 6 and 6 plus size phone put them back on the map with me, my wife, and many many others.
    -Yah 2 gig ram is nice but it will be at lest 2 more years minimum before apple decides to push forward with the 2 gig and let the 1 gig version slip (or shall we say really slow down) as beta 9.1 is the smoothest IOS on my 6 plus to date.
    -3D touch is nice but next year it will be perfected (smoothed out), and widely useful in apps.

So next year is the one for me.
    Just my 2 cents......

11. ABC5S macrumors 68040

You need strangers to hold your hand on a purchase ??

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

That is a BIG might, upgrade what you have now instead of waiting another year. The 6s blows away the 5s, get the largest amount of storage size available if that is what you need since you don't have enough anyway so why wait.

13. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

In what way does it blow away the 5S? :)

14. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Since your sig says that you currently have a 16GB 5S, then the upgrade is certainly worth it. However, as you have not been tempted so far, means you can potentially hang on for another year with your current phone. Next year, he 1GB of RAM in the 5S will really start creaking for the cutting edge apps. A paid off phone is better than spending more money just for the sake of it.

15. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I'd be upgrading for the storage difference in the 6S Plus. But I'm forced to buy the 128GB 6S Plus if I want the highest of storage.

16. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

Well if you feel that you are being "forced" into he 128GB now, then spending another year with the 16GB is not an option at all. Then get the 256GB whenever Apple releases that capacity.

17. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Since I have iPhone 6 Plus 128GB, I don't think I will have the money and desire to upgrade my phone to iPhone 6s Plus, and since design remains the same, upgrading to this generation means ALL improper design (such as that power button and volume button, especially when playing games) will remain and I cannot avoid it.

And, the feedback of haptic engine is really unacceptable for me. This makes me feel that this machine is "too cheap" yet the price is always sky high.

18. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

I would love to grab a 256GB phone because my current iTunes music library is over 60GB in total.

19. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Woah. The iPhone 6 Plus is cheaper than the Air 2.