Buy iPhone 8/8+ cheap after 11/3

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psymac, Sep 21, 2017.

1. psymac macrumors 6502

Guessing there will be lots of used, but in perfect condition, iPhone 8/8+ for sale after 11/3!

2. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

Maybe. I think the impact will be negligible. What percentage of people who buy an 8/8+ are going to turn around and sell it for an X? Maybe 5%? Less? Even here on MR most people buying an 8/8+ and getting an X later are giving the 8/8+ to their spouse or another line on their account. Most people finance phones and won't be in a position to sell. And not everyone will get their X on 11/3 so any impact will be spread out over several months.

3. saltd macrumors 6502a

saltd

Yep, many will impulsively off load the 8/8plus when the X drops. You could probably save a 100 bucks by waiting for that to happen. The main catch for resellers is that they will need to pay the phone off in full to be able to sell it outright because they are on Next or the Apple upgrade program.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

It won't drop enough in value to be worth it. I'd just buy a new one. It's still an iPhone so you won't get much discount off retail so soon.

5. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Unless I'm saving $200, I'd prefer a new one. I'm weird but I have a hard time with used phones unless it's a great deal.