Buy iPhone at Apple Store, activate at ATT Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sandman42, Jun 9, 2009.

1. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

My girlfriend, bless her heart, ran out and bought me an iPhone gift card yesterday (my birthday is coming up) as soon as the 3G S was announced. Problem is, we'll both be switching to ATT (from Verizon) and creating a new family plan (with only one iPhone), and I get a corporate discount on service, etc, etc. I'm sure that in order to set that all up I'll have to do it at the ATT store. Has anyone bought their iPhone at the Apple Store then gone to the ATT store to set up their account? Will Apple/ATT accomodate that? If not, I suppose we'll just have to return the gift card (if possible) then buy the phone at the ATT store.

2. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Why don't you just preorder it through the Apple website? You can sign up for your plan there and they will deliver your phone(s) to you on the 19th. You then can just register your line through iTunes and never have to leave your home. I'm not positive, but I paid for the phone through the card listed on my iTunes account, so I think if you credit a gift card to your account it could be used towards that.

3. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

Well if iPhones are being shipped, it's probably just a iTunes setup, so you can actually create the account via iTunes then go into AT&T to add the extra line, the FAN discount doesn't go into motion right away either, it's about a 2-3 week waiting time, sometimes longer.

You can still order the phone through Apple, or go down there and pick it up, activate it at home, then go to AT&T and add the line and fill out the paperwork for the FAN discount..