First off let me start off by saying that I've been holding off on the iphone because I was waiting for my sprint contract to expire. It expired on January 20th. Perfect timing because it'll be after macworld and I expected to buy the 2nd generation iphone and was disappointed when it wasn't announced. If it wasn't for my sprint contract, I would have purchased it last year. Now the 16gb came out. There is nothing stopping me except the possibility of the 2nd generation iphone coming out soon. And by soon I mean within the next 6 months. the release of the 16gb model just makes me nervous. I almost bought the iphone immediately after my spring contract expired, since the new iphone wasn't announced. I would have missed out on the 16gb version. I just don't want to purchase the iphone now and in afew weeks or even a couple of months, the 2nd gen iphone comes out. But I guess that's one of the things with apple. You just never know. I need to decide whether to purchase the iphone now or simply renew my contract with sprint and purchase whatever iphone is available in two years(after sprint contract expires) thoughts?