Buy iPhone now / wait 1.1.1 - use as iPod only

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoWiTUsA, Sep 26, 2007.

1. LoWiTUsA macrumors member

LoWiTUsA

Hi,

I am wondering: Should I buy the iPhone now or wait that the update 1.1.1 is hack again. I want to use the iPhone as an ipod mainly and I have no need of the wifi itunes store. So I am thinking that I should buy it now and activate it when its still possible ??? The ipod touch has not been hack yet and I am worried its going to take time as well for the iphone 1.1.1 ??????

thanks

2. chas0001 macrumors 6502a

chas0001

I cancelled my iTouch order 2 days ago in favour of an iPhone (should arrive any day - hopefully!). Feature wise the iPhone has so much more to offer. I am going to unlock/hack it immediately using firmware 1.0.2 and use it with Vodafone in Spain. Dont really care about the new Itunes store in firmware 1.1.1. I cannot see what else Apple will add to the newer firmware apart from bug fixes and possibly disabling existing hacks.

3. kbrain2929 macrumors regular

kbrain2929

If you want to use it as an iPod mostly... get an iPod touch! :rolleyes: The basic diffrence is the phone feature. I love my iPhone, and I returned my iPod touch two days ago to the Apple Store and traded it for a new iPod Classic. Since I basically had an iPod Touch in my pocket anyways, having an iPhone and the Touch was just stupid. Anyways, if you want an iPod, get an iPod! :apple:

FYI.... don't get an iPhone until 1.1.1 if you are going to get an iPhone.

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

Why? It's just an update. You plug your phone in and click update. Not hard.

5. GTiPhone macrumors regular

You couldn't figure that out before buying one? Wow.

What makes you think an iPhone in a box in Apple store is going to have 1.1.1 installed any time in the near future?

Furthermore, what control/choice over the matter does anyone have? None.

There is nothing wrong with the coming update...just that it doesn't jive with the BS that some people try to make it do.

6. kbrain2929 macrumors regular

kbrain2929

Kinda a split decision! It was a stupid move on my part. I know! I think I bought one as soon as they came into stock. VERY stupid of me! :rolleyes: :apple:

I'm just sayin' that it would make it easier. Less to do when you are excited and ripping open the box, just to find out that you DON'T have the latest firmware! :eek: :D :apple:

7. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

i thought that the new firmware, 1.1.1 will be the update to kill all the unlocked iphones? and turn them into a brick?

8. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

YES. BUY NOW.