Buy iPhone with EFT

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how soon I could cancel service after buying a phone on contract. Here is my issue, I was issued a $350 credit to my bill from Sprint. I'm not currently eligible for an upgrade so my idea was to start a new line and use that credit to pay the EFT, therefore buying an iPhone 6 for about $250. I don't see a moral issue with that as I would be honoring the terms of the contract. I just need to know how soon I can cancel and still be able to keep the phone. Thanks.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knew how soon I could cancel service after buying a phone on contract. Here is my issue, I was issued a $350 credit to my bill from Sprint. I'm not currently eligible for an upgrade so my idea was to start a new line and use that credit to pay the EFT, therefore buying an iPhone 6 for about $250. I don't see a moral issue with that as I would be honoring the terms of the contract. I just need to know how soon I can cancel and still be able to keep the phone. Thanks.
I believe you have to have service for 30-45 days. Do remember you also have the activation fee because you are opening a new line.

ILowry82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
Yes, Early Termination Fee. Even with the activation its still much cheaper this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.