Buy iPhone?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ELBdelorean, Jul 7, 2010.

1. ELBdelorean macrumors member

Hello everyone. I was wondering, should I buy iPhone 4? Right now our family uses MetroPCS (if you've never heard of it, http://metropcs.com) Obviously it's not the greatest thing ever. I own a Windows Mobile 6.1 device (called the Samsung Code, if you want to see it on the Metro website). I pay $50 a month right now for unlimited talk, text, and data. I can do 450 minutes and 2GB of data, along with 1500 texts. I'm just not sure about paying $80 a month compared to now. Basically, what I'm trying to say, is it worth it to buy iPhone even with the extra expenses? Thanks in advance.

2. ELBdelorean thread starter macrumors member

I'm sorry for double posting :eek: but is there anyone that can help? I've browsed enough of these forums to know that A LOT of you have iPhones. Thanks :)

3. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

Yes it's worth it

4. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

Yes. It is very worth it. It's only $30 more a month. I'm sure once you own one you'd be more than pleased.

5. ELBdelorean thread starter macrumors member

What about taxes and fees and all that? Metro doesn't have taxes so it's a flat $50 per month. I'm in Florida if that matters.

6. briansolomon macrumors 6502

briansolomon

Sounds like you are pretty happy with what you have and it sounds like you don't want to spend $30/month more. If the coverage is good where you use it, why bother?

7. ELBdelorean thread starter macrumors member

The coverage is bad, the phones are bad, the data speeds are bad, the customer service is bad. The only thing you can expect out of cheap unlimited carriers is their being years behind mainstream electronics such as iPhone.

8. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

Well if the coverage is bad I don't see why not go with the iPhone and AT&T. You'll actually most likely come out to pay about $85, but is ~$35 more a month worth it to own an iPhone for you?

9. IndustrialSpace macrumors 6502a

The iPhone is a great product. It just has some issues. Hopefully, in a few years it will be perfected. Right now it feels like BETA, often.

My 3GS usually serves me fine, other than the usual AT&T reception issues in my area. Data speed is poor, too. Other than that, I like the capabilities of the phone itself. If it werent for all these issues, the iPhone really would be a nice device.

BTW, you'll realy like the iTunes APP store.

My bill more than doubled ($120 a month) when I switched from Verizon to AT&T. Ive got 900 (rollover) minutes and an unlimited data plan and text.

10. TRAG macrumors 6502

TRAG

I have a question. How does it feel like it's in BETA? It feels really solid to me.

Are you referring to the signal issues? If so, I'm pretty sure it's just people overreacting about jumpy bars. I've been with AT&T for about 7 years (started back when they were Cingular), and bars always jumped and calls dropped. But on the iPhone 4, they drop WAY less and call quality sounds far better than on the 3GS I had.

11. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

do you want to have Adobe Flash?
    do you want to make calls?
    do you want to send pictures using bluetooth?
    do you hold your phone in a natural way?
    do you want to decide what you can and can't do on your phone?

if you answered YES to any of the above, then iphone 4 is NOT for you.

take a look - Nokia N900

12. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

are you a nokia employee???

13. jonnysods macrumors 603

jonnysods

Is Metro a GSM provider? Ignorant question as I'm from Canada.

I hear a lot of bad press about AT&T. If there was a Tmobile down there and you bought a hacked iPhone from ebay or our very own MR Marketplace you could use it on a good network for a good price...?