Buy iPhone4 from France?

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
CA
Is it possible to just go to France's Applestore online and purchase their factory unlocked iPhone4 and just have it shipped over here and then activate it? Is int'l shipping allowed?

JEsTer10

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Canada is getting the iPhone unlocked soon. Alot closer (if you are in US) You would need a passport, however)
You could have it shipped to someone you know from the appropriate online Apple Store and have them ship it to you right? For example, to a friend in Canada after placing your order online at Apple Store Canada website.

ztohegroeg

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2010
Yeah get it from Canada. I'm sure you have a friend from there. If not, join a hockey forum.

Kayan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
CA
I'm sure you have a friend from there. If not, join a hockey forum.
Isn't that the truth, hah. Fortunately, I lived in Canada for a few years so I already have some friends without the desperate need of joining a hockey forum. Is the Canadian iPhone currently unlocked or is it just expected to come in the near future?

JEsTer10

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
Yes it will have to be shipped by a 3rd party not straight from apple in Canada to the US.
Yeah that is what I meant. Thanks for the confirmation, I appreciate it.

Isn't that the truth, hah. Fortunately, I lived in Canada for a few years so I already have some friends without the desperate need of joining a hockey forum. Is the Canadian iPhone currently unlocked or is it just expected to come in the near future?
I believe that the ones that you would order from Apple Store Canada website will be unlocked on July 30 when they become available.