Buy iPod Classic first or Beats,?? PLZ:)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shadyrexman, Sep 13, 2009.

1. shadyrexman macrumors newbie

i m a man'
    i wanna buy iPod and Beats, but i have to buy someone first,
    if i buy iPod, i ll buy Beats in New Year, (may be), and i have a iPhone(just 2G) My 3G has given to my GF,, ,Mac Pro,Macbook Pro ,all can use Beats,
    i don't know ,I am very chaotic, So u guys, plz reply:) may be iPod Classic/Nano first , or Beats First?:confused::confused:
    i just wanna know wat u guys think,

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. RogueVasion macrumors regular

RogueVasion

Dre's Beats?

To be honest, they are extremely overpriced for what they have to offer. Mainly just paying for style and name.

If you're out and about alot, I would get the iPod Classic, especially with the HDD bump. It will allow you to take your music collection with you wherever you go, not just a selected amount from your iPhone 2G. You can't carry a Mac everywhere.

My recommendation, go pick up some nice Sennheisers after you get an iPod.

4. shadyrexman thread starter macrumors newbie

5. surgedc5 macrumors regular

what do you mean by beats? you talking about beats by dr dre headphones or earphones?

if so, id go with the beats by dr dre earphones ;)

6. shadyrexman thread starter macrumors newbie

anyone think Nano looks ladies,,,?? i don't buy Touch cuz i don't really like to use Touch to play games, if i wanna buy Touch,, i Prefer 3Gs

7. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

+1

You can get a nice pair of Sennheiser's for about half to 2 thirds of what you would pay for the Beats. Not to mention that Senn's normally beat the beats in sound quality.

8. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

huh? :confused:

I also like my Sennheisers. And it's up to you - do you want to carry more music with you now or listen to it on new headphones?

9. shadyrexman thread starter macrumors newbie

actually, i wanna listen music all day'' and iPhone can't do this..
    and the Headphone, i luv listen music in train,, bus, everywhere,, so i think Beats is better than others,,

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You are wrong. Noise-cancelling makes things sound awful. You really want noise-isolation. The Beats by Dre have so many problems that get magnified by their exorbitant price.

11. pooryou macrumors 65816

Get the Shure in ears, best ones you can afford.

Don't believe the hype.

12. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

I own the Beats by Dre, HD 650's and HD 595's.

The HD 595's are the closer in price to the Beats by Dre, so I'll start with that. Compared to the beats, the audio just sounds thin in comparison. The lows are nearly non existant (until you get an amp), the mids are slightly better, but the highs also lack in comparison. The only thing I love about the 595's are the soundstage.

Now...The HD 650's. These are better than the Beats by Dre any day IF and only IF you use an amp with it. The 650's sound barely better than iPod headphones without an amp (ok, maybe that's an exaggeration, but they sound horrible). With an amp, the Beats by Dre aren't even close to the sound quality of the 650's.

Bottom line is that unless you're only going to be listening at home, the Beats by Dre are excellent. They don't need, nor benefit much from an amp. They are great for wearing publically, as they don't look like the other gigantic, audiophile headphones out there. And so, your music won't sound like absolutely crap coming out of an iPod.

Most "audiophiles" claim that the Beats are absolutely useless. Yet, they are either going by word of mouth of their other, misinformed buddies, or haven't given them a good listen. Listening to it at the Apple Store isn't a thorough listen. Audiophiles will want to take any other pair of cans home, plug it into their audio equipment (dac, amp, etc.), let them "break in", and then give their opinion. But for some reason, with the Beats, this basic etiquette doesn't apply and many believe that because the notorious Monster Cable is branded on there, they won't sound nearly as good as other $300 headphones. Wrong.

13. jointsmoking macrumors regular

I have had very bad luck with Sennheiser's - they sound very nice - but I have bought two pair in the last year that went belly up (short in the cable). I would not be inclined to buy another pair.

14. joelovesapple macrumors 6502a

joelovesapple

Would anyone here consider the Sennheiser CX300 earphones as being any good? I own some and they are awesome in my opinion with 256kbps AAC, but others may think otherwise...

I ask this because I'm getting the new classic on Saturday. :)

15. shadyrexman thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Dude,,, ur ans is Fair,
    u are the only one support Beats in here ,( actually i can't see ur opinion)
    and u think i may buy headphone first or iPod?

16. reubs macrumors 68000

17. shadyrexman thread starter macrumors newbie

TY ALL!!!